Indiana Conference for Legal Education Opportunity (ICLEO)
ICLEO is a state based program that helps minority, low income, or educationally disadvantaged college graduates pursue a law degree and a career in the Indiana legal community. Please note that preference for the ICLEO Fellowship is given to Indiana college graduates, Indiana residents, and applicants with very strong Indiana ties.
The students that are selected will participate in the 6 week ICLEO Summer Institute the summer prior to their first year of law school. The housing and course materials are provided and there is no tuition to participate. When the participants complete the summer institute successfully, they are certified as ICLEO Fellows and will receive an annual stipend of $6,500 (public) or $9,000 (private) for up to three years upon enrolling in an Indiana law school in the Fall 2014 semester.
There is a separate application and selection process. The ICLEO program is currently accepting applications for the 2014 ICLEO Summer Institute, which will be held in Valparaiso, Indiana, from June 15 – July 25, 2014. A copy of their application can be found on the ICLEO website, http://www.in.gov/judiciary/cleo/2402.htm. The deadline by which applications must be received in the ICLEO office is February 14, 2014. If a student is selected, in order to attend the institute, he or she must be admitted and intend to enroll in an Indiana law school the Fall 2014 semester.
The Law School Admission Council (LSAC) is promoting DiscoverLaw.org to undergraduate students from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds nationwide through online and print advertising. The IU Robert H. McKinney School of Law encourages students to take advantage of the campaign’s many resources and materials.
The Law School Admission Council (LSAC) and the IU Robert H. McKinney School of Law are dedicated to the idea that the legal profession must reflect the expanding diversity of our society. That’s why LSAC developed the DiscoverLaw.org campaign, to encourage racially and ethnically diverse students to discover career opportunities in law and choose a path in undergraduate school to help them succeed.
With access to experts, inspiring stories about law school graduates, a list of the most frequently asked questions, and more, DiscoverLaw.org provides students with resources, tips, and tools on how to become a competitive law school applicant.
When you register with DiscoverLaw.org, you’ll instantly gain:
- Exclusive access to information from the Law School Admission Council, makers of the LSAT and providers of information to people interested in legal careers
- An opportunity to have your questions answered by law school admission experts and featured in the FAQ section
- Access to podcasts and webinars touching on important topics to help you prepare for law school
- Information from undergraduate prelaw advisors on how to best work with them
- Notice of upcoming events taking place in your area
- A chance to help improve website by participating in surveys
- And other tips, tools and resources to help you prepare to become a successful law school applicant
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us by e-mail at email@example.com, or call us at 317-274-2459.