August 15, 2008
OPD and the IBA Professionalism Committee present
Surviving and Thriving as a New Attorney
Time: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Location: Wynne Courtroom
Contact: OPD (Office of Professional Development) 317-274-2484 firstname.lastname@example.org
Get the Advantage - Dont Miss Surviving & Thriving as a New Attorney, a program designed especially for law students and recent grads.
OPD and the IBA Professionalism Committee present Surviving & Thriving as a New Attorney. This program is designed to provide insight on what to expect as a new attorney and how to avoid the pitfalls and overcome common challenges that plaque new attorneys.
Ideal for students (to get tips on what can be done now to prepare for life after law school) and new graduates.
Food: Lunch provided
Cost: $20 (please make checks payable to IU School of Law- Indianapolis)
Registration: Please register via IUI Career Connection (online career center); submit payment to the Office of Professional Development (Suite 115)
Login info: If you have questions about logging into IUI Career Connection, please email email@example.com.
Who may attend: This program is open to everyone. Feel free to forward to students at other schools and new attorneys in the area. People who not have access to IUI Career Connection should contact OPD to register at 317-274-2484 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How to Meet & Exceed Client Expectations as a new attorney John Maley, Barnes & Thornburg
- Writing to Win: The Nuts & Bolts of Persuasive Legal Writing Scott Himsel, Baker & Daniels
- Time Management 101: Balancing Time & Staying Organized for New Lawyers Chris Frazier, CEO, Focus Forward-Time management consultant
- New Lawyers Duties to Other Counsel Offer Korin, Katz & Korin
- Lunch/ panel discussion from recent graduates on life after law school
- Finding & Utilizing Mentors (a guide for new attorneys) Anthony Prather, Barnes & Thornburg
- Brilliance & Blunders in the Courtroom
We look forward to seeing you on August 15.