October 16, 2008
Human Rights, Law Practice, and Culture
Speaker: International Judicial Officers and Scholars
Time: 3:30 pm - 5: 30 pm
Location: Room 300
Contact: Email: pcaparas @ alumni.iu.edu Tel: 317-278-3857
INTERNATIONAL judicial officers and scholars will discuss about human rights, law practice, and culture with IU Law Faculty and students on October 16 (Thursday).
The officials from Bosnia-Herzegovina, Congo, Honduras, Peru, Macedonia, Rwanda, and Korea will exchange ideas with Professor George Edwards, Director of the Program in International Human Rights Law, and Law students from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m., at Inlow Hall 300. Professor Edwards will be making a PowerPoint Presentation titled American Legal Education: Do You Want To Study Law In The United States?
The visitors include:
(1) Bosnia-Herzegovina, Ms. Amra HODZIC, Head of Court Management, Registry for War Crimes and Organized Crime, Court of Bosnia and Herzegovina
(2) Republic of the Congo, Mr. William Simon Mviboudoulou, Director, Cooperation and International Legal Affairs Division, Ministry of Justice
(3) Honduras--Mrs. Maria Gabriela RIVERA, Deputy Director, Conciliation and Arbitration Center, Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Tegucigalpa
(4) Korea (South), Mr. Jae-Taek YANG, Senior Public Prosecutor, Seoul High Public Prosecutor's Office
(5) Macedonia (FYROM), Jeton SASIVARI, Academic Staff and Pro-Dean, Faculty of Law (undergraduate studies)
(6) Peru, Ms. Gabriela NEIRA HIDALGO, Research Assistant, Comision Andina de Juristas
(7) Rwanda, Mr. Dennis BIKESHA, Director, Mobilization, Sensitization and Training, National Service of Gacaca Courts
The U.S. Department of State International Visitor Programs, the International Center of Indianapolis, and the Program in International Human Rights Law are sponsoring the event.