November 14, 2008
Trial By Jury Mock Trial
Time: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Location: IU School of Law-Indianapolis' Wynne Courtroom, Inlow Hall, 530 W. New York Street, Indianapolis, IN
Contact: Contact Diana Moore at email@example.com or 317-423-0233, ext. 10
Working towards the eradication of sexual assault In the State of Indiana
INCASA is proud to announce the sixth Trial by Jury advanced trial advocacy training. This conference will combine community learning activities and job-specific training in an effort to elicit a systematic response to sexual assault within the criminal justice system. INCASA hopes to continue this training in the future, each year focusing on a different theme. This years theme will be Intimate partnersame sex sexual assault. In addition to the mock trial, the Judge, Prosecution and Defense will take the time to explain the ethics, judgments, and the rationale behind decisions both the Defense and the State make during the trial process. The training is aimed for the entire team of professionals: law enforcement, forensic nursing, prosecutor, and victim advocacy. Each participant will leave this trial with specific training concerning their roles in cases of sexual assaults committed against same sex partners.
- Track Specific Training: Law enforcement, Nursing, Child Protective Services, Prosecution, Legal Ethics and Victim Advocacy (during jury deliberations).
- Mock Trial: Voir Dire, full trial (opening remarks, witnesses, objections, etc.), deliberations, verdict, ethics
- Lunch and snacks provided ( IU School of law students: $10.00 lunch)
- $50.00 INCASA members, $75.00 Non members (IU School of Law students FREE REGISTERATION + $10.00 fee for lunch (REGISTRATION IS A MUST))
- Parking is available on campus. Please be aware you will have to pay when leaving. (LSW, LCSW, LMFT, and LMHC - Category 1)
- Mental Health 7.0
- Law Enforcement 7.0
- Legal pending
Phone: 317-423-0233 ext. 10
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Date: Friday, November 14, 2008
Time: 8:00 4:30 pm
- 8:00 8:30 registration, pretest
- 8:30 am due to the intense schedule of the trial procedures we ask that everyone is in their seats and ready to begin promptly at 8:30 am<
- Noon working lunch (provided)-trial questions, ethics, Discussion of morning.
- 4:00pm 4:30 pm post test, evaluations
- 4:30 pm adjournment
INCASA is pleased to be hosting Mock Trial-2008 with IU School of Law - Indianapolis.
Equal Justice Works
Feminist Law Society
Health Law Society
Thank you for your contributions.