October 4, 2013
Hall Center for Law and Health Event
Will Neuroscience Redefine Mental Injury?
CLE: 2.8 Hours
Time: 8:45 am - Noon
Location: Wynne Courtroom and Atrium,Inlow Hall, 530 W. New York Street, Indianapolis, IN
Contact: Hall Center for Law and Health at email@example.com
Legal systems have traditionally treated physical and mental injuries differently. Advances in neuroscience provide insights that challenge this dichotomy. This multidisciplinary half-day conference will examine some of the evolving technologies used to demonstrate mental injury and explore the potential impact of this neuroscientific data in legal decision making.
2.8 hours of Indiana CLE credit available.
To register and for information, please contact the Hall Center for Law and Health at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Andrew R. Klein, J.D., Paul E. Beam Professor of Law and Dean, IU McKinney School of Law
- Nicolas P. Terry, LL.M., Hall Render Professor of Law; Co-director of the William S. and Christine S. Hall Center for Law and Health, IU McKinney School of Law
9:00-9:30: Neuroimaging in Emotional and Physical Trauma
- Thomas W. McAllister, M.D., Albert E. Sterne Professor and Chair, Department of Psychiatry, Indiana University School of Medicine
- Moderator: Tracy D. Gunter, M.D., Associate Professor Clinical Psychiatry Indiana University School of Medicine and Adjunct Professor Law, IU McKinney School of Law
9:30-10:30 Neuroscience and Civil Law
- Stacey A. Tovino, J.D., Ph.D., Lincy Professor of Law, William S. Boyd School of Law, University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- Betsy J. Grey, J.D., Professor of Law and Alan A. Matheson Fellow, and Faculty Fellow in the Center for Law, Science, and Innovation, Arizona State University, Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law, Tempe, Arizona
- Moderator: Nicolas P. Terry, LL.M., Hall Render Professor of Law
10:45-12 noon: Discussion Panel
- William Winingham, J.D., Partner, Wilson Kehoe Winingham, LLC
- Ross D. Silverman J.D. M.P.H, Professor of Health Policy and Management, IU Fairbanks School of Public Health
- Jennifer A. Drobac J.D., J.S.D. Professor of Law, IU McKinney School of Law
Parking is available for a nominal fee at the campus Gateway Garage, located on the corner of Michigan and California Streets (Address is 525 Blackford Street).
Parking is also available for a nominal fee at the Natatorium Garage two blocks west of the law school.
Individuals with disabilities who need special assistance should call (317) 278-4789 no later than one week prior to the event. Special arrangements can be made to accommodate most needs.