Chris E. Long
Cataloging Librarian, Ruth Lilly Law Library
Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law
Lawrence W. Inlow Hall,
530 W. New York Street
Indianapolis, IN 46202-3225
Phone: (317) 274-1930
Fax: (317) 274-8825
B.A., 1984, M.A., 1988, M.L.S., 1988, Sp.L.I.S., 2009, Indiana University
Chris Long joined the law library as catalog librarian in 1993. Previously, he served as catalog librarian at the Noblesville-Southeastern Public Library in Indiana and catalog/reference librarian at Cumberland Trail Library System in Illinois.
In addition to his cataloging duties, he has written articles on the application of emerging technologies, especially the World Wide Web, to library cataloging practices.
Law Review and Journal Articles
- "Bridging the Gap in Digital Library Continuing Education: How Librarians Who Were Not 'Born Digital' Are Keeping Up." Library Administration & Management 22:4 (Fall 2008): 172-182. (with Rachel Applegate)
- *"Recent Citation Practice of the Indiana Supreme Court and the Indiana Court of Appeals,” Legal Reference Services Quarterly 24:1/2 (2005): 103-119. (with Dragomir Cosanici)
- *"Web Site Design Resources for the Librarian: A Selective, Annotated Bibliography," Internet Reference Services Quarterly 5:2 (2000): 31-40.
- "Improving Subject Searching in Web-Based OPACs: Evaluation of the Problem and Guidelines for Design," Journal of Internet Cataloging 2:3/4 (2000): 159-186.
- *"The Internet’s Value to Catalogers: Results of a Survey," Cataloging & Classification Quarterly 23:3/4 (1997): 65-73.
Essays and Reports
- Research Sources in International Human Rights Law, Indiana International Human Rights Law Bulletin 1:2 (1998) (with Mahnaz Moshfegh).
- Accomodating Different Learning Styles in the Classroom, InULA Notes 14:2 (1998).