Online Student Forms

» Criteria for Approving the Transfer of Credit Hours (PDF)
» Important Information for First-Year Incoming, Visiting and Transfer Students (PDF)

About to Graduate?

Graduation Checklist

The checklist is a form that was created to assist students in doing their own graduation checks. Students are not required to complete or turn in the forms.

Official Transcripts

To request an official transcript, please contact the IUPUI Registrar’s Office or visit the Office of the Registrar's transcripts site at:

Advanced Writing Requirement Forms

Notice of Intention

Students must complete an advanced writing and research paper. Students may satisfy this requirement through a paper written for a course or seminar, a law review note, Supervised Research, or non-credit research.

Please complete this form and ask the supervising faculty member to sign unless completion of the requirement is done through law review or Supervised Research. Submit form to Susie Agnew/Student Services/Room 119.

Certificate of Completion

After completing the research paper, please ask the supervising faculty member to sign this form and submit to Susie Agnew/Student Affairs/Room 119.

Amendment Letters

Preparing Amendment Letters

You have an ongoing duty and obligation to provide an amendment letter if you were involved in any incident resulting in a criminal or civil charge and/or conviction, serious financial matters OR any matter that would call into question your character and fitness to become a licensed attorney in any U.S. jurisdiction (including speeding tickets). It is in your best interest to disclose any matter that may appear as a discrepancy to the State Board of Law Examiners or State Bar Association. Your law school student file and law school application should be a MIRROR of the information you will eventually provide to these agencies for your bar exam application.

Conference Grant Application

The Student Conference Grant is designed to assist Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law students who participate in or present their research at national, regional, or state legal conferences. Each semester, the Office of Student Affairs (OSA) will accept applications for student conference grants. The conference must be professional or academic in nature and address a legal topic.

Emergency Grant Fund Application

The Financial Emergency Fund at the IU Robert H. McKinney School of Law was established in 2013 by generous alumni and friends of the school.  There are times when our students face financial situations that require emergency funding.  This fund directly supports those students in need.

Externship Forms

McKinney Externships/Internships

A complete list of McKinney course externship opportunities can be found on the Externship Courses page: Applications for each are posted one semester in advance.  Of those opportunities, there are five types with additional information and forms which are linked below:

Student Legal Internship

To become a certified legal intern, students are required to complete the forms listed on the Indiana Courts site: and the form included in the link below:

  • Intern Form (this document lists/links to the gov forms required)

After obtaining the supervising attorney’s signature, please submit to Susie Agnew/Student Affairs/Room 119.

Graduate Legal Internship

See This certified legal internship is for those who have graduated but have not yet passed the bar. Forms should be submitted to the Indiana Board of Law Examiners.

Independent Study Forms

Supervised Research D-661 Enrollment Request Form

Students may enroll in up to a total of 4 credit hours of independent research.

Please complete and ask the supervising faculty member to sign. Completion of this form is required before registering for the course. Submit form to Susie Agnew/Student Services/Room 119.

Language Accommodation for Examinations

Students who would like to request language accommodations for examination purposes should complete the form below and submit it to the Office of Student Affairs, Room 119.

Leave of Absence or Complete Withdrawal Form

All students requesting a Leave of Absence or Complete Withdrawal from the Law School must first consult the Assistant Dean of Student Affairs before submitting this form to the Office of Student Affairs. To schedule an appointment with Dean Pryor please contact Ketha Troutman at 278-5560 or

Locker Agreement Forms

Students who need a locker should choose the appropriate form and submit it to the Office of Student Affairs, Room 119.

Reporting Student Misconduct

Need to report academic or personal misconduct?

As outlined in the Student Handbook, misconduct includes failure to report personal knowledge of a fellow student’s academic or personal misconduct.  Two additional amendments to Part II make it clear that misconduct includes misrepresentation of class attendance and falsification or concealment of information material to admission to law school, admission to the bar, or employment.  For more details about the law school’s Honor Code, please reference the Student Handbook

The form listed here must be used to report an incident of academic or personal misconduct.

Student Organization Forms

Student Organization Registration & Renewal Form

Students wishing to start or renew a student organization should submit the Student Organization Registration & Renewal Form to the Office of Student Affairs.

Student Organization Event Planning Forms

If your student group is planning to host an event in the law school, you should review the event guidelines, and submit the Student Organization Event Request Form to the Office of Student Affairs.

Transferring Away

Transferring Away Form: If you are considering a transfer from Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law to another law school and need a letter of good standing, you will need to complete this form and submit it to the Office of Student Affairs.

Visiting Away

For students interested in visiting away at another law school during the regular academic year or participating in another law school's study abroad program (with the intention of transferring credits back to the Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law), you will need to submit a completed Visiting Away Form to the Office of Student Affairs. This form should be submitted in conjunction with your application to visit away at the other law school. Students must include on the form the list of courses and corresponding credits they plan to enroll in while visiting away. These courses will be reviewed by the Student Affairs to determine if the courses and credits would be accepted as transferable degree credit. Students may also indicate on the form if the other law school will need a letter of good standing. [Please note credits transferred from another law school back to the Indiana University-Indianapolis School of Law are assessed a transfer credit fee.]


Professional Applications

Indiana Bar Application

See Applications are due by November 15th for the February exam and by April 1st for the July exam.

Multistate Professional Responsibility Examination (MPRE)



The Office of Student Affairs is Room 119, first floor, Lawrence W. Inlow Hall, 530 W. New York Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202. To speak to someone in the Student Affairs Office, call 317-278-5560 or contact the Assistant Dean, Johnny Pryor, at 317-274-8113.