J.D. Program

Preparing Your Application

International J.D. Admissions Requirements

If you are an international student, you must:

  • Submit foreign transcripts through the LSAC Credential Assembly Service (CAS). This step is not required if you completed the foreign work through a study abroad, a consortium, or an exchange program sponsored by a U.S. or Canadian institution, and the work is clearly indicated as such on your home campus transcript.
  • Ensure a Foreign Credential Evaluation is completed by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO). This will be incorporated into your CAS report.
  • Complete the Indiana University International Application. You may also contact the Office of International Affairs at: intlaff@iupui.edu. The international application should be sent directly to: Office of International Affairs, 902 W. New York Street, ES 2126, Indianapolis, IN 46202. The Office of International Affairs is responsible for all travel documents and immigration concerns.
  • Send your TOEFL scores to IU Robert H. McKinney School of Law (Code 1325).

Applicants who are U.S. permanent residents must send a copy, front and back, of their permanent resident card to the Office of Admissions at the law school.

For more information or help with the application process, contact us.